Thursday, May 29, 2008

On a lighter note

I was thinking about my blog this morning while blow drying my hair. I'm such a multitasker, you know. I was thinking that over at Pioneer Woman, you always know it's a fun, light read. At Making Home, it's probably going to be a bit heavier, and spiritual. At my blog, (which doesn't even need to be in the same paragraph with those two) you just never know what you're going to get!

So, today, I have a problem for you to solve. See, when I was in highschool, I was lonely and really didn't feel like I had many friends. I prayed about it and then suddenly, I had too many to fit in my car to go to lunch with (ahem, I should say here that I drove a pickup, so it didn't take too long to get too many!).

Apparently, God has blessed me by continuing to answer that prayer for friends. Shane and I have pockets of friends in various places-a few churches, two pregnancy centers-which means 2 boards and two sets of staff, plus the former staff we still have contact with, two or three jobs (his current, his old...), our Life Group, Awana-the teachers of our kids, and then those friends who don't fit a group...everyone (okay, not everyone from above, but you get what I mean) wants to know FIRST if this is a boy or girl. Which we'll hopefully know on Monday. Oh, you say I forgot to mention family? See what I mean? How will I tell everyone?

I don't have unlimited texting so that idea is out.
An email is too impersonal, isn't it?
Not enough of the above read my blog.
Just thinking of calling everyone makes me tired.

I'm out of ideas. Have any? As long as we have to come up with something, it might as well be creative! I'm really lacking in that department, so help me out!

10 comments:

Summer said...

Well, list all of your friends in numerical order, starting with the very best to the one you really wish was not your friend and then if I am not in the top three atleast, rip up the list and start over. just kidding. don't stress about this. family is the most important. They deserve to know first. After that, I don't think email is too impersonal. Or make Hope call everybody. She would like that right? As your friend, I just don't want you to be stressing over things that are not stress-worthy. But I want to know FIRST! How about you release blue or pink balloons at the ballpark (bc half the town is there anyway but they may not be able to see over their big honking glasses) or from your house. you can just say look to the skies at 6oclock if you wanna know. lol

Wendy said...

Hmmm, we do have to be at the ball park that night :)

Wendy said...

Btw, I asked Hope to tell me who she'd call first. You were 2nd after all the family :) Maybe I'll let her do it, she sure would love it, you're right. Hey, you changed your picture-is that a picture of the land? Did you husband hack into your account?

SuperMom Blues said...

Just call me and Ronnie after your parents. Between us and Mary we should get the job done! LOL.

... said...

How about a chain! Like a prayer chain, but a baby chain. Tell parents, then they tell three people and those three tell three more, etc. It would be all over the state by Tuesday morning!

Hey, I am at the ballpark Monday!

OR...don't tell ANYBODY, let it be a surprised like I did with #2~it is a lot of fun this way!

Wendy said...

I have thought about keeping it a secret, but when I mention it, everyone says, "Sure, don't tell anyone--except me!" lol. That wouldn't really work too well, now would it?

Did you really keep it under your hat? I think that'd be so much fun, but I couldn't do it for 20 more weeks, I stink at surprises!

SuperMom Blues said...

The longer it goes on, the more I can't wait! I am so excited to see who's right - me or Emily, LOL!

... said...

YES I did!!! With Dy we didn't know, so we couldn't share, with Day we kept it a secret until our grandmothers passed away RIGHT before and we sent a rose to each with a card from Day....So if you were at the funeral and saw the card you knew, everyone else including ALL friends were kept in the dark!

SuperMom Blues said...

Man, D, I don't know how you did it! I couldn't have kept Jake's gender a secret if I tried! LOL!

SuperMom Blues said...
This comment has been removed by the author.