Sunday, October 5, 2008

What's in a name?

He's not sure if it's pure peer pressure of if he actually likes the name, but Audrey's middle name is Shayne.

Summer initiated the idea, but it spread like wildfire to all my friends both far & near. Everyone thinks it's really cool (and so do I!). Thanks for wearing him down, girls!

I pined to be named after someone, so I'm glad this baby has a name sake! Very cool.

I did get a song, though:

Windy by The Association:

Who's peeking out from under a stairway
Calling a name that's lighter than air
Who's bending down to give me a rainbow
Everyone knows it's Windy
Who's tripping down the streets of the city
Smiling at everybody she sees
Who's reaching out to capture a moment
Everyone knows it's Windy

And Windy has stormy eyes
That flash at the sound of lies
And Windy has wings to fly
Above the clouds, above the clouds
Who's tripping down the streets of the city
Smiling at everybody she sees
Who's reaching out to capture a moment
Everyone knows it's Windy

Sorry Audrey, I think I just made this post all about me...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE it!

Leah

Unknown said...

Very cool...Isha's parents were the same way, but they gave up at number 2 worried that a boy wouldn't come and gave her the middle name 'Dohn' for her dad, Don. Then, the next one was a boy. My first and middle names are family last names. Alisha's got the 'isha' in her name without the oddity of it, and Drew is Andrew Scott. If he had been a girl, he would have been Ashley Ann to give similarity to Alisha, and both of our moms have Ann as their middle name, but alas, you can only get so many namesakes in when you stop a 2...and we are so done.

Brandi in TX said...

LOVE this middle name and the combination. Perfect match!

Jen said...

Well, it's about time he agrees with us!

Jennifer said...

I do love Shayne...well not your husband, but you know what I meant right? Well, now I love him in the Lord,but I promise nothing more, ha! So glad she has a full name now. So sweet.

SuperMom Blues said...

I love it!!