Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Girls Only

Okay, Luke Holzmann, Scott & Shane, you just need to skip this post. There's your warning!

Until a few years ago, I didn't mind buying Wal-Mart clothes. It is the only place in town, but it seems their quality is just going down the tubes. Their stuff is too thin or unravels as soon as it gets washed. The George label seems to be okay, but I've sworn off most all their other clothes. I've even stopped buying the basics-like undies-there. I did buy a bra a few months ago but the underwire is already poking out. So I decided to go shopping online for those girlie necessities. I didn't know exactly where to start, but a google search landed me at http://www.herroom.com/.

I needed a good bra for the rest of this pregnancy and Wal-Mart rarely has the right combination of cup & band size for me--especially as my rib cage expands in the last months. I'm trying to move away from frumpy clothes (even those no one sees) and have a little more fun, so I was also seeking some new underoos.

At Her Room, I easily found my size and what a selection! They have a ton of categories and once you click on an item it shows views of each item from the front & back. If you're looking at a bra, it will show you overlays of common collar cuts so you can see if it will show if you wear a V-neck, for instance. My favorite part is that there are ratings & comments on each product. The commenters also tell you their body size so you can see if other women with your similar shape loved or hated an item. Isn't that so cool? It's like shopping with a girl friend but not ever leaving the house!

So, if you need some new undergarbs, you now know were to go. I know, I know...you don't have to thank me. I take it as my job to keep you covered on all the important things in life :)

Editing to add: I must recant the "For Girls Only" part...not only does it just mean the boys will have to read it, but I just saw there is a "His Room" part of the site...just please don't tell me guys if you order any of those swim suits-especially the pink one-are those ribbons hanging down?

5 comments:

Luke Holzmann said...

With an introduction like that, how could I not read this post!?! [smile]

Speaking of bras, I can relate... in a sense. It's difficult to find bras that last and don't start poking, especially if you, like our family, don't have $200 to spend on undergarments.

I'll have to point Brittany to herroom, but we recently had quite good success at Costco ourselves...
just passing that for families and Scott and Shane if they're ever in the market.

~Luke

Wendy said...

You crack me up! Shoo! Outta the girl talk post, lol :)

Seriously, thanks for the Costco tip, we may get a membership soon so it's good to know you & Brittany are happy with their clothes.

SuperMom Blues said...

Oooh . . . pretty girlie frillies! oh wait . . . that's for the 36 c girls. Crap . . . Oh theres mine -
Industrial-strength- this-thing-can-hold-up-a-tank . . .

*someday* . . .

Wendy said...

Well Jennifer they do have from XXS to a 56J, so I think they have all of us covered...

Too bad we can't share the love around, I could use some...it doesn't help when I'm very pregnant, my baby belly takes over and everything else just kinda fades into the background...

SuperMom Blues said...

You can have any of mine that you wnat!! LOL.

I've been going back and forth between lap-band and a b-reduction . . . Ronnie says I can do both . . . LOL. Hmmm . . . then there'd be none of me left!