Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Birthday Girl



Happy 2nd Birthday Jaybird!


After waiting 11 long, hot days past my due date, Jay finally came around 8am on my Dad's birthday-2 years ago today. She is our miracle girl, born with a true knot in her umbilical cord. God protected her by keeping it from tightening up, which would have ended her little life.


A friend said she's never met a child as strong willed as Jay. I wonder what she'd say now that Jay has learned to say, "Noooo" at every turn! Jaybird is a busy, busy girl. She keeps us on our toes, that's for sure. She knows what she wants and she'll find a way to get it, whether it be her big sister's lip gloss, medicine from the high up medicine cabinet, or baby powder (her favorite thing in the world right now!).

Why I can't wash dishes -Jaybird always wants to. She also picks out her own clothes...

Honestly, Jay's high activity level is what scares me most about this new little one. What if she takes after Jaybird? I'll be so outnumbered-and exhausted!


Then last week I was catching up on the Audrey Caroline blog and read an off handed comment about a busy child-she was described as never living life halfway. I thought, "That's how I need to see Jay-in a positive light." So, now when I look at her being busy, dragging a chair across the kitchen to reach the Rolaids in the medicine cabinet, I think, "Yep, there's Jay, living life at full throttle." Given the fact that she could not be alive at all, I'll take full throttle any day.

3 comments:

SuperMom Blues said...

Ohh . . . Pretty Jay-Bird!! I thought I'd never get that duck back, LOL!!!

Don't worry. if you get too stressed out, just give me a ring and I'll fly over to help out!

Amber said...

Those pictures are darling. Rog and I truely love watching jaybird in the nursery!! We all love her very much and wish her a very happy birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, full throttle is much better than the alternative. Happy birthday sweet one!

Leah