Friday, August 1, 2008

Answers to a few random questions...

I have a half completed draft on Bible Reading 101, so stay tuned for that soon...

In the meantime, I want to clear up a few things-some have actually asked me these questions and others are just disclaimers I feel the need to give.

Regarding our house and the urgency to move-there is no reason we need to move except for the lack of space, lack of insulation (and lack of dough to pay the high utility bills), and lack of ownership here. This is my Grandmother's home, although she lives across town in an assisted living apartment, much of her stuff still lives here. That and the ratio of people to the 1 bathroom translates into some tight living quarters. Also, no one knows what will happen to this house once we move. I'd love to paint and do some other fixing up (but b/c of the age of this house--it was built in the 1890's--nothing is so simple), but we can't justify the expense when we may be the last ones living here. Nesting hormones intensify all of the above.

I always wonder if my local blogging friends are offended that I don't link to them on my blog. I'm sure that with all the comments, it'd really be easy enough to find us, but I'd like to believe that by not putting you all on my blog, I'm not holding you responsible for remembering to leave off the identifying labels of our area/families.

I ditched Feedburner and just put all of my blogging friends in my Google reader. This may mean I leave less comments at your place, but know that I'm reading your good stuff all the time. I'm hoping that I can better manage my Internet time by using the reader.

One last one--and this is important--my sweet husband has started leaving comments on blogs. He doesn't have a Google account and therefore uses mine. He signs his name at the bottom. Pay attention to that and don't think it's me, lol! I'm trying to talk him into getting his own account :)

Okay, I feel better now. Carry on.

2 comments:

Luke Holzmann said...

To Wendy's Husband: Get a Google Account. It's great. Lots of great tools available to you.

Do it.

Do it now.

And then add my blogs to your Google reader [smile]

~Luke

SuperMom Blues said...

Aw, i'm not offended. What offends me is all the friends I have on cafe mom or myspace that won't come read my blog!! And it's not like I haven't invited them all too! *sigh* Some people . . .