Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Stayin' home, getting ready for school

Today was my first day not to go to work. I know my last day was last week, but that day was the last day we were open...so today I felt it. I ended up in the office for about an hour to clear my desk of first trimester hard candy (which kept me from throwing up at work) and my bookshelf of personal items. I still have to get my personal files off the computer and wrap up a take home project. Gradual is good, it hurts less :) It did feel good to be home today. Well, to be honest I was very glad to be at the office when Jaybird climbed into the (empty) Sonlight box that came today. She was wearing only her swim suit (her sisters didn't notice she took off her diaper when she changed clothes) and pooped in the box. Yeah, it was good to be tied up at the office for a bit!

Yesterday was a FULL day. My OB appt was in the morning-nothing exciting, I just gained a pound (7 total) and she wrote me a 'script for strep just in case. I went home to pick up Ashlyn so she could see our family doctor for her case of strep. Now that everyone is full of penicillin, they're symptom free. I left home yesterday around 9 and didn't get home from all the running around until around 5. I was so exhausted and I truly wonder how women do it when they're out of the home from early in the morning until late in the day, every day. My hat is off to you!

Today I conquered a large project-portfolios for the girls. I finished Hope's last year, so really today was all about Ashlyn's. First I had to make room on our school shelf for Bethany's books, then I culled through the old workbooks and the few pieces of unused hand-me-down workbooks. The unused stuff is now listed on freecycle. We spent all afternoon and evening pulling the best (or funniest) pieces of work from each subject or workbook and putting it in Ashlyn's binder. I'd never done this for her, so there was a lot to go through from K to now! It's so funny to read her commentary in her math book. One page said, "I'll never need math, why do I have to do this?".

The girls are still begging for school, especially after Beth opened her box and saw all her books set up on her own little shelf. Just looking at the old used up stuff made Ash beg for school...why don't these kids need breaks?! Sorry guys, not yet, Mom needs more time!

So, nothing deep this time around! If you want a deep blog post, go check this one out. I have no idea who the author is, by the way...

6 comments:

Luke Holzmann said...

Well, that is a twist on the whole "Box Day" thing... at least the Sonlight box kept the mess from spreading, I hope [smile].

~Luke

Wendy said...

Yeah, I'm guessing a picture of that wouldn't make the catalog ;)

Amber said...

How wonderful to have kids that are excited about school!!! Jazzy is complaining about going back. Hope yall have a great school year!!! Congrats to Beth for starting school this year!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I love how the kids look forward to school with SL! We will get back to it on Monday. This year will be interesting, with me going back to work, so I could really use all prayers for it.

Leah

Wendy said...

Yes, Amber, it's Shane's...

SuperMom Blues said...

Isn't it funny how YOU need a break more than the KIDS need one? Just goes to show that you're a good teacher, Mommy! :-)